Sunday, April 26, 2009

1 Samuel 1:27-28

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord." Our journey to Addyson has been a long one. We prayed and prayed and prayed for her as I am sure most of us have done when it comes to our kiddos. On April 19th we had our baby dedication at church. This is where we stand up with our family in our church and vow to raise our child in the ways of the Lord. I was reminded of how I am like a fair whether fan when it comes to my walk with Christ. I tend to seek Him in the valleys but when I think all well, I am not so eager to find the time to be with Him. I want to be an example of Christ to Addyson, to be that Mom that walks the talk and to encourage her to love the Lord with all her heart. I was also reminded at our dedication that she is first and foremost Gods child that has been placed in our hearts and arms for safe keeping for the short time we are here. This is only our temporary home and we are here to prepare for our forever home with Christ. It is my prayer that we all aspire to be the parents that God has called us to be, that we lay our children down at His feet everyday, and seek Him in all that we do, and that our children will see Christ in us. Thank you again and again God for our precious gift in Addyson.




3 comments:

Shanita said...

Beautiful post. I love what you've done with your blog. Lookin' good!

Katie said...

What a gorgeous family! I love your blog. Still can't get enough of Addyson.

Greta said...

She's so beautiful! She has been blessed to have parents like you guys. A happy family.