Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Where's the Brain?

Ok, for those of you who are old enough to remember "Where's the beef" this is for you. So lately I am wondering what happened to my brain. Before my sweet Addyson came along, I was pretty good at remembering things. Now my brain is what seems like mush. Here is how my mushy brain was working yesterday.

So, I need to go to the store and I am going 90 to nothing in my Mommy brain, how can I get to the store and back in time for our morning nap. It is 9am at this point and nap time is at 10am. I can do it, I know I can, just like Thomas:) So, I load up baby and the dogs, because I feel terrible that they never get to go on walks anymore, but they can at least ride to the store, right?

We get to Walmart and I am 3/4 the way through my list. I took a list, so I could get in and out. I can be home by nap time, I am supper Mom. Well as I am checking things off the list I hear over the intercom in WM, "will the owner of a black Nissan Sentra with plate numbers blah, blah, blah return to your car please. I think to my self, self I think that is our car. What to do, what to do? Addyson is all strapped into her grocery cart seat with that cover thing that keeps the bugs off her, that also takes an act of congress to get straight. She is happy, we are all most done, and it's almost nap time. Ugh. I proceed to the customer service lady and ask, Me: "do I really need to go to my car? Can I take my unpaid grocery's out to the car with me, I promise I won't steal them. Clerck: No it is against store policy, but I'll watch the cart and baby for you while you check things out. Me: No, thanks I got the baby if you got the cart."

I get to the car and there are two women at my car. They tell me they can't get into there car because my dog wants to eat them. Mind you this is a 30 pound mut, far from vicious. I apologize profusely and proceed to roll up the window a little. I know they would have jacked me if not for the baby in my arms. While at the car I decide to change Addys diaper and then go back in and finish shopping. Mind you it is about 10am, so supper mom missed nap time, but at least there are grocery's, almost.

After all is cleaned up I go to find the keys that I swore were on the seat by my lovely daughter. Nope. Ok so they are in her bag. Nope. Ok so I check 3 more times in her bag. BIG Nope. Now I am frantically looking under seats, under babys, under dogs, EVERYWHERE. No where are my keys to be found. UGH! Do I call the hubby, the auntie, triple A. What to do? Look in the bag ONE more time, Nope. Then as all hope is almost lost, I see a twinkle of light, could it be the keys? Please God, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE God let it be the keys. And it was, and where were they............................................... no other than in the ignition.

Lord, please help me find my brain:)

6 comments:

Katie said...

It gets worse with each child. I don't even try anymore.

Jennifer said...

That's hilarious-- now. I totally have those moments! I think all parents do, moms and dads! There is too much to remember when raising children. Walmart is such a zoo even w/o a baby and ferocious!! dog.. .you are brave to try. I do my shopping on the weekends when dad's home. And any time I try to get home b4 naptime I fail so I just don't go out much. But that makes me crazy, too-- so I'm glad to have your company in crazy forgetful land. Please stay awhile and keep me company.

Leila said...

Haha! I found you first!!! Addison is SO beautiful!!!

Wendy said...

Ya, sorry to say it doesn't get any better. I lose my keys almost everytime I go to my parent's house. You'd think I'd keep them in the same spot.

Addy's Gigi said...

That was hilarious! I so understand :-)
Isn't it funny how much your lives have changed since sweet baby Addy? And all for the better - even when your brain is baby brain! Poor Andre and Mollie - mistaken for vicious doggies! Love you ALL so very much, Gigi

Rachel H said...

Hi Holly! I just found your blog through Valerie's. What a gorgeous baby girl God has given you and Trent. I am so, so happy for you! I know you are a wonderful Mommy!